Environmental protection is a concept that covers the protection of water, land and air, waste management, utilities and infrastructure maintenance. At first glance, it seems that the situation in Slovenia is good, but when we look more closely, we notice that a lot can be done still.
Why? Because the Earth is our only home.
We all want a clean environment. This leads to a healthy lifestyle and an unspoiled nature that we all appreciate. If we do not take care of the environment, we will have to face pollution problems that will have a strong impact on both – our well-being and the environment.
In Slovenia, we have the opportunity to live with four seasons and environmental protection will preserve this diversity. We are also privileged with biodiversity, quality food, drinkable water, clean air … And we want all this for our children as well, right?
How? With small steps.
You may have the feeling that an individual cannot help much to protect the environment, but this is not the case. With small steps and simple everyday tricks, each of us can do a lot.
- Install energy-saving light bulbs in lamps.
- Wash laundry at lower temperatures – this way you will save as much as 80 % of energy.
- Dry your laundry outside or on a stand in your home.
- Reuse water in which you washed salad – water your flowers with it.
- Turn off the tap while you brush your teeth.
- Do not wash dirty dishes with running water.
- Reduce your shower time to a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Tear old towels and T-shirts into smaller pieces and use them as clothes the next time you clean your home.
- Reuse glass jars of pickled foods.
- Arrange the furniture and bring more natural light to your home.
- Separate waste and recycle.
At Skaza, we are aware of environmental pollution and the importance of reusable plastics, which is why 85 % of our own brand products are made from recycled or bio-based materials. We try to be one step ahead on the path to the future, so we participate in research and development projects to be able to enter new areas of environmental protection.