Program: EU Programme for Environment and Climate Action
Project title: The solution for the management of mixed hard PLASTIC waste by applying CIrCuLar Economy approach; LIFE21-ENV-PL-plasticLIFEcycle
Duration: 48 months
Estimated value of the project: EUR 3,830,295.05
Amount of co-financing: EUR 2,298,174.00
Partners: INVESTEKO SA (coordinator), Plastika Skaza d.o.o., THE NEW RAW, EkoPartner, EFOE, IETU
In the plasticLIFEcycle project, project partners from Poland, the Netherlands and Slovenia will recycle mixed plastic waste, with the aim of increasing the share of recycled plastic in the production of new products. The goal will be achieved through new business cooperation between all stakeholders, which will be based on
a) new innovative solutions for sorting hard plastic waste into fractions that can be recycled;
b) two innovative solutions for the systematic introduction of recyclates into high-value products – the production of plastic granules and the production of injected products and robotic 3D printing.
The role of Plastika Skaze in the project is the establishment of a modular prototype system for compounding recyclates, which will accept both materials from the hard plastic waste sorting system as well as materials that are produced during the in-house production of plastic products using injection technology and which are currently difficult to recycle, due to ejection.
We will achieve the project goals by:
- planning and manufacturing a system for compounding materials,
- validation and testing of the developed system using primary materials and recycled materials,
- developing a system for monitoring and controlling the quality of produced recycled materials,
- development and production of new recycled materials,
- production of plastic products and developed recycled materials and laboratory testing of products,
- evaluation of the environmental impact of manufactured products (LCA) and
- creation of a business plan.